Are you in need of new boots for your casual hiking and trekking adventures? You wonder with comparisons of combat boots vs hiking boots. Let’s read this article and find out useful information!
First and foremost, let’s have a brief introduction about these two types of boots.
As the name implies, people use combat boots during combat. Soldiers also wear it while on parade or doing other jobs. Famous manufacturers provide combat boots that are identical to those used by the US military.
These heavy-duty shoes are often designed to operate under adverse conditions. But they still keep the wearer comfortable and nimble. They provide protection from sand dirt water tough terrain and other dangers.
Hiking boots are designed to keep your feet safe and comfortable on lengthy hikes across difficult terrain. Hiking boots are constructed from a variety of materials.
These boots are unquestionably the top choice when it comes to hiking footwear. They often have a rough look, giving the impression that they are ideal for that function.
These boots are designed in such a manner that they give grip, stability. And it can help balance your legs on uneven terrains and trails.
Combat boots and hiking boots are just like other types of boots. They are often in the same range of price.
With the same amount of money, you can get these boots. They are not very different in price.
Manufacturers often use leather or synthetic leather to make the upper section. As for the midsole, they use foam rubber, phylon, or polyurethane. And for the outsole, they use synthetic or natural rubber.
Manufacturers can choose the same materials as combat boots to make the upper section. But some of them might choose nylon or plastic instead. It depends on the design of the boots.
In general, they can choose to use MCR or EVA to make soles. Some of the products are made with PU or thermoplastics. Even nylon can be used to make the soles of hiking boots.
Each of the materials has its own benefit to the wearer. Depends on your choice and your need. You should choose the right boots with suitable materials.
Nowadays, both combat boots and hiking boots have various modern designs. They can both be stylish to fit the taste of fashionista and have good quality. You may find many styles as well as designs of these boots on the market.
Many famous manufacturers decided to make combat boots more stylish. The same happened with hiking boots. They are not only useful but also have an aesthetic look. Who doesn’t love them now?
As we mentioned above, people use polyurethane to make midsoles. They are sturdier and firmer than EVA. It’s more durable so sometimes it can cost you a high price.
But nowadays, some manufacturers still use EVA to reduce the cost of the boots. As for outsoles, people mostly use rubber. Their main benefit is to resist a great number of industrial substances. They can prevent slipping. Rubber can make the boots more durable and lightweight too.
The common materials people use to make hiking boots midsole are EVA and PU. If you want a soft midsole, you should choose boots with cushioning EVA. They consist of thousands of bubbles filled with air.
For heavier, denser, and durable boots, people will use PU instead of EVA. But they can make the boots become heavy. Some manufacturers will mix these two materials together to make midsoles.
Pros and Cons of Combat Boots vs Hiking Boots
- Extremely supportive: Because troops frequently carry large loads and equipment, combat boots provide great support and make trekking with a rucksack or camping equipment simpler.
- Extremely durable: Combat boots may survive for years if properly cared for, even when heavily used in the worst situations. The tough durability of combat boots is a huge benefit for those who go through pricey hiking footwear fast.
- Not very comfortable: Many hikers find combat boots’ rigid, inflexible soles. And it lacks internal foot support unpleasant.
- Heavy: When compared to many hiking footwear, combat boots can be rather hefty. Which can induce tiredness and make a trip less enjoyable.
- Good ankle support: Wearing hiking boots while trekking can give your angle good protection. They can protect your ankle while climbing on rough terrain.
- Durable and warm: Hiking boots are very durable. They can provide a warm feeling to wearers. If you are hiking in harsh conditions, these boots can protect your feet.
- They are heavier than hiking shoes: Because they are made of PU, they can be heavier than other hiking shoes. Because of this disadvantage, we can find a hard time packing these boots.
- Take longer to dry: If your hiking boots are wet, they can take 3 to 5 days to completely dry. You can’t dry your boots with any devices. Because it can harm the boots and make it’s less durable.
1. Combat Boots are Good for Hiking?
Yes, you can use combat boots for hiking and trekking. They are durable and can support your ankle somehow.
2. Do Hiking Boots Stretch?
Hiking boots may stretch somewhat khi được sử dụng. Leather is a natural material that reacts to circumstances. Stretching may occur in natural-material footwear.
3. Can We Use Hiking Boots for Running?
We don’t recommend using hiking boots for trail running. Hiking boots are too heavy for trail running. They can stain your ankles if you run for a long time while wearing them. So you should not use these boots for running.
Combat boots are good for hiking and trekking too. They can offer the same benefits as hiking boots. They are often at the same price too. So you don’t have to worry much about money.
After reading this article, we hope that you can figure out the pros and cons of both types of boots. We also hope that you can get suitable boots for your adventure.
Thank you for reading this article!