That feet “give out” an unpleasant smell is a familiar condition of people who often wear work shoes. This is even worse when you have to work in hot weather with high intensity.
This sweaty causes discomfort, secretiveness and lack of confidence. That’s why today Workwear Magazine will send you a few tips to keep away from this situation.
How to Stop Feet Sweating in Work Boots
That sweating feet when wearing work boots will cause too much inconvenience for workers. The following 7 tips to prevent feet sweating in work boots.
- Use breathable and hygienic footwear and socks
- Do not use wet work boots or wet socks
- Dehumidify work boots with newspaper or desiccant bags
- Keep your feet always clean and dry
- Using loofah as shoe insoles
- Use sanitary napkins as shoe insoles
- Baby powder
1. Use Breathable and Hygienic Footwear and Socks
The first “culprit” causing the bad smell is your socks. The habit of using only one pair of socks throughout the week will cause an unpleasant odor. Instead, you need to wear clean, dry socks made of sweat-wicking cotton.
It’s also important to change your socks whenever your feet are sweaty. This helps minimize the formation and growth of bacteria when you wear shoes.
You should choose a pair of breathable protective shoes to limit the moisture of your feet. Absolutely stay away from shoes that are tight, made of leather and have no holes.
Limit wearing a pair of shoes for too long. You should have at least 2 pairs of shoes and change them daily to give them time to “breathe” and dry it.
2. Do not Wear Wet Work Boots or Wet Socks
Just like dirty socks, damp shoes or wet socks provide an ideal environment for odor-causing bacteria to grow. This creates a foot odor. It may also cause dermatological diseases at any time.
3. Dehumidify Work Boots with Newspaper or Desiccant Bags
Moisture causes a lot of consequences affecting safety shoes. For example, shoes may be hydrolyzed, lose durability as well as not guarantee protective features.
On the other hand, wearing a pair of damp shoes also creates a sense of mystery and discomfort. It also produces odors and mildew. Use rolled-up newspaper in your shoes to absorb excess moisture. You can use a desiccant pack that has the same effect.
4. Keep your Feet always Clean and Dry
You can keep your feet always clean and dry by below tips:
- Clean your feet daily with antibacterial soap, especially the toes
- Make sure to dry your feet before putting on work boots
- Often apply foot cream to keep the skin soft
- Regularly trim toenails but not too short, do not cut into the corners of the toenails
5. Using Loofah as Shoe Insoles
Loofah insoles are effective measures when going to the construction site. Do you find it hard to believe when you use a loofah to make shoe insoles? We can use Loofah as a very clean and good dishwashing sponge.
The reason is that loofah has an extremely good absorbent ability. Therefore, the use of natural loofah insoles has a very good sweat absorption effect. Since then, eliminating foot odor is very effective.
6. Use Sanitary Napkins as Shoe Insoles
Similar to a loofah, this is how the construction workers communicate with each other. It is really effective. You only need to put 1 piece of the sanitary napkin to insole your shoes. This will effectively absorb sweat from your feet.
7. Baby Powder
In addition to eliminating odors, talcum powder also has antiperspirant effects. It helps to clear the feet.
You just need to sprinkle some baby powder on the insoles before putting on your shoes. This is the most commonly used way to wear protective shoes without foot odor.
The Reason Why You Sweat so Much When Wearing Work Boots
Scientists estimate that there are about 4 million to 5 million sweat glands in your body. In which there are more than 250,000 glands concentrated on the soles of the feet. Therefore, it is not surprising that feet tend to sweat more than other areas of the body.
On the other hand, work boots are a very enclosed environment. When you often wear shoes and work, this enclosed environment makes it impossible for sweat to escape. These are ideal conditions for bacteria to multiply that cause unpleasant odors.
In particular, this is extremely uncomfortable for people with autonomic nervous disorders. At that time, their sweat glands are strongly stimulated to secrete. As a result, foot sweat can ooze out of shoes and socks, causing slips when walking.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Soak Feet With Warm Water, Salt, Ginger to Avoid Sweating when Wearing Protective Shoes?
- You need to prepare 2 liters of warm water with a small handful of granulated salt, a few slices of crushed ginger. Take a relaxing foot bath for 30 minutes every day before going to bed. Then, dry your feet with a soft cotton towel.
- Doing this regularly and continuously will help you feel good. Besides, it also helps limit sweating when wearing shoes.
2. What Effect does Betel Leaf Have in Eliminating Foot Odor?
Betel leaf has in eliminating foot odor with some affects
- Use a small handful of crushed fresh betel leaves
- Rub your feet after you’ve cleaned them
- Keep it for 30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water
You just need to do it regularly for 10 days. Thanks to that, the foot odor will not bother you anymore.
The topic “How to stop feet sweating in work boots” above helps you avoid sweating when wearing protective shoes. Besides, it also helps you avoid dermatological diseases,
This ensures the durability and longevity of protective shoes. Any questions please feel free to contact us. We are happy to answer your questions.